Driving Skills Exam
A state-mandated to acquire a La Drivers License.
Important note: 15 year-old drivers may not take the Road Skills Test.
According to Louisiana Law, you must hold your learners Permit for 180 days or until you are 16 years of age or older (whichever period is longer.) Do not schedule before your 16th birthday.
Minimum of 16 years of age:
- must have held a learners permit for a minimum of 180 days
- must have a parent or legal guardian present
- If using a personal vehicle must have the following document: proof of insurance, valid registration, valid inspection sticker
17 years or older:
- Must present a learners permit or
- must present a TIP (issued by DMV) with a Certificate of Completion for a 38-hour driver education course.
Cost: $40 (Cash or Card)
The driving test will be approximately 20 minutes.
After passing, the testy may acquire their driver's license at Southwest Safety AUTO TITLE AGENC
Document Needed to Upgrade:
- Birth certificate or Passport
- Social Security (an original copy is required)
- 2 forms of residency (must have name & address on the same page)
- For More information click here.
For Minors: School letter of attendance and parents ID qualifies as proof of residency.
Note: (Identifying Documents cannot be laminated)
Knowledge Saves Lives