Southwest Safety Training, Inc. has been established since 1995 and was locally founded by Rick and Glenda Poulan. Rick Poulan brings with him 30 years of driver safety training. We attribute much of our success to one-on-one instruction and the caring attitude and experience of our instructors. Later the company handed the reigns to Glenda Poulan's son, Pastor Dayne Huval, who continues the time and tested traditions set forth by the family.
We are a Louisiana State and Court Approved School with training such as
- 38 Hour Driver Education Course
- 14 Hour Driver Education Course
- Bioptic Telescopic Lens Driver Education
- Driver Training in Modified Vehicles for drivers with disabilities
- Defensive Driving
- Driver Evaluation for companies
- Medic First Aid and American Heart Association CPR, First Aid, and AED Training.
- Mature Driver Training
Southwest Safety Training is also proud to say that we are the only Driver Education facility in Acadiana that also has inside of our facility a Privatised Office of Motor Vehicles. By choosing our company, the only trip you have to make to the Government Office of Motor Vehicles is the first trip. Please feel free to call us about those capabilities.
Southwest Safety welcomes the opportunity to serve you. We're looking forward to working with you.
Southwest Safety Training is the only driving school in Acadiana that has a Privatized DMV inside our facility. Our Privatized DMV, or Auto Title Agency, can do many of the services normally provided by the Office of Motor Vehicles. We provide these services as a one-stop-shop for greater convenience for our customers.
Although we cannot provide all the services the Office of Motor Vehicles, we can do many of them. Below is a list of services we can and cannot provide.
What we can provide:
- Upgrades from Temporary Instructional Permit to a Learners Permit or a Driver's License.
- Upgrades from a Learner's Permit to an Intermediate License or a Driver's License.
- Address Changes on any Class E or Class D Driver's License.
- Renewal of and Class E or Class D Driver's License.
- Duplicate Class E or Class D Driver's License.
- Upgrades to Real ID.
- Initial Issuance of a Louisiana ID card if a Driver's License has been previously issued.
- Handicapped Hang Tag Renewal.
- All Vehicle Registration Services, and Title Transfers, and Notary Services for Transfering Titles.
What we can not provide
Initial Issuance of Driver's License, or Temporary Instructional Permit. (The first time a Driver's License or T.I.P. is issued it must be a Government-owned and operated Office of Motor Vehicles.)
Initial Issuance of a Louisiana ID card if no Driver's License has been previously issued.
Commercial Driver's License.
Out of State Transfer into Louisiana of any Driver's license or Vehicle Registration.
Name Changes on a Driver's License.
Gender Changes on a Driver's License.
Southwest Safety Auto Title Agency does charge an $18.00 fee above your state fees, and or taxes in order to provide these services. We understand that your time is precious, and we work hard to keep your life on the go.
In the Service of Making a Safer Tomorrow,
Pastor Dayne Huval, BLa, BThe, DRS, BTDRS
Southwest Safety Training, Inc.
Southwest Safety Auto Title Agency, LLC (PTA-274)
Oasis Family Worship Center
Oasis Christian Academy
Southwest Safety's Mission is to offer individual development of safe driving and comprehensive knowledge of today's highway system for young teenage drivers and non-driving adults. A program of study has been developed by Southwest Safety Training, which covers all aspects of your driving task. We also intend to help the public realize that driving is a serious undertaking and that the driving task is a great responsibility. We intend to offer individual development of safe driving and comprehensive knowledge to today's transportation system.
Southwest Safety Training, Inc. pledges to maintain standards above those set by local, state, and federal government.